Careers at Baptist Health Floyd
Why Choose Baptist Health Floyd?
Baptist Health Floyd serves many counties in southern Indiana and we receive many transfer patients and referrals from other hospitals and physicians due to the high level of care we offer. We are well recognized as a desirable place to practice a career in nursing and enjoy professional opportunities. Each quarter we seek nominations for our DAISY® Award for Extraordinary Nurses to recognize those on our staff who go above and beyond for our patients.
Some additional benefits to working at Baptist Health Floyd include:
- Free onsite education and tuition reimbursement.
- Self-scheduling where some units have a team that takes requests and schedules for themselves and their peers, providing greater autonomy to each employee and more flexible work schedules.
- Pay differential for working shifts such as nights, evenings, and weekends, as well as a clinical ladder program offering growth and development opportunities.
- Professional shared governance for collaborative decision making.
Baptist Health Floyd places high importance on supporting nurses who wish to further their education. Our virtual library services provide our hospital and medical staff with access to information for clinical and professional decision making. Many of our leadership and extended role positions are made available to people who are promoted from within utilizing our clinical ladder program. We believe investing in our nurses also invests in Baptist Health Floyd as a whole.
We offer many different types of education to our employees, including on site education at no cost, and provide an education assistance program that reimburses up to $3,000 per year for full-time employees, after 6 months of employment, who wish to advance their education (prorated for part-time employees). We even offer a loan payback program and scholarship opportunities.
Some of the most common types of education we offer are:
- An in-house leadership development program.
- Grand Rounds taught by Baptist Health Floyd staff and physicians. (e.g., Orthopedic, Pediatric, Research, Neuroscience).
- Local, regional and national speakers who are brought in-house for education talks. Some members of our staff present nationally and in-house as well.
DAISY Awards are given out each quarter to a nurse who exemplifies the following:
- Dedicated to patient care and satisfaction.
- Attitude remains positive and demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Interested in the needs of the patient and family.
- Stands for and demonstrates the caring ideals, mission and values of Baptist Health Floyd.
- Yearly evaluation is in good standing. Employee is viewed by peers as a team player.
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse for this award, which is given each quarter. The DAISY Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 from ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Awards and Accreditations
Baptist Health Floyd is proud of our many quality achievements, including:
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) Primary Stroke Certification
- Designated hospital for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 3/3 stars for Cardiac Surgery from Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Nationally accredited as a heart attack receiving center
- Nationally accredited for excellence in breast care
- Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus and Target Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll quality achievement awards
- Baptist Health Floyd MBSAQIP Accredited – Comprehensive Center
- HomeCare Elite Top 500 Agency national designation
To view and apply for open positions at Baptist Health Floyd, please visit our HR portal. We look forward to receiving your application!