Continuing Medical Education
Baptist Health Corbin provides continuing education for physicians, nurses and other health professionals. The hospital also offers an on-campus associate nursing degree program through Lincoln Memorial University.
- Continuing Medical Education: Baptist Health Corbin provides CME for physicians through our local Southern Kentucky Area Health Education Center (AHEC). (Link in left navigation) If you have any questions regarding CME, please contact Anna Jones at 606.864.1432.
- Continuing Education for Nurses and Other Allied Health Professionals: Baptist Health Corbin is an accredited provider of continuing education units for nurses through the Kentucky Board of Nursing and offers continuing education for other allied health disciplines as well.
- Education Library: Located on the third floor of Baptist Health Corbin's Medical Office Building, the Education Library offers many journals and reference materials to physicians, hospital staff and students. Computer stations are also available.
Some of our services include:
- Literature searches on MEDLINE, CINAHL and the Internet
- Interlibrary loans
- Photocopy service
The Education Library is open from Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To access the library at other times, contact the hospital's Security Department. For more information, call 606.302.2479 extension 8319.
- SWANK Healthnet: This satellite education service provides continuing education opportunities for both physicians and allied health professionals
- Associate Nursing Degree Program through Lincoln Memorial University: Lincoln Memorial University's Department of Nursing offers an Associate of Science in Nursing (A.S.N.) degree at Baptist Health Corbin's campus. The program was founded on the belief that nursing is a service which helps individuals attain, maintain or regain their optimum level of health. For more information on the nursing program offered through Lincoln Memorial University, visit their Website.