Female-Focused Care at Baptist Health Louisville
A woman’s healthcare journey can take many courses, and Baptist Health Louisville is committed to being her healthcare partner through every chapter.
Mother & Baby Care
- All-private labor and delivery rooms.
- Dedicated surgical C-section rooms.
- Reproductive Imaging Center’s maternal/fetal medicine physicians, including a 4-D ultrasound.
- Dedicated anesthesiologists around the clock.
- Certified lactation consultants available seven days a week.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies born prematurely or who need help adjusting to their new environment. The nursery is equipped to care for infants who have reached 28 weeks gestation and weigh at least 2.6 pounds. Experienced neonatologists are available 24/7.
- Seven-bed Antepartum unit with fetal monitoring and support needed for closer observation of both mother and baby due to high-risk pregnancy or other complication.
Surgery and Recovery Care
- Medical/surgical care, with a 24-bed dedicated Women’s Health unit
- Women’s Imaging Services available at three convenient locations, offering 3-D mammography breast MRI, bone-density testing and stereotactic breast biopsy
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Lymphedema Clinic
- Specialized women’s health physical therapy program <.li>
The hospital offers a 24-bed medical surgical/oncology unit with seven outpatient treatment rooms. Adjacent to the hospital is the Charles and Mimi Osborn Cancer Center, a freestanding cancer center that houses a large hematology and oncology physician practice, Baptist Health Medical Group CBC Group: Consultants in Blood Disorders and Cancer, radiation therapy, on-site PET/CT scanner, multidisciplinary clinics and genetic counseling. The center also offers a fully staffed Resource Center with a library of free informational materials, support groups, free seminars and a special room stocked with accessories including wigs and scarves for female cancer patients.