Nursing Careers at Baptist Health Lexington
Baptist Health Lexington is a three time Magnet® designated organization. We pride ourselves on achieving this prestigious designation by meeting the highest standards in the world for nursing excellence. Our hospital serves roughly 17 counties and we receive many transfer patients and referrals from other hospitals and physicians due to the high level of care we offer at Baptist Health Lexington. As a three time Magnet designated organization we are well recognized as a desirable place to practice a career in nursing and enjoy professional opportunities. Each quarter we seek nominations for our DAISY® Award for Extraordinary Nurses to recognize those on our staff who go above and beyond for our patients.
Some additional benefits to working at Baptist Health Lexington include:
- Free onsite education, tuition reimbursement and loan repayment for new graduates.
- Up-to-date equipment, such as one of only two Cyberknife Robotic Radiosurgery Systems in Kentucky and the Da Vinci surgical robot for minimally invasive surgery.
- Self-scheduling where each unit has a team that takes requests and schedules for themselves and their peers, providing greater autonomy to each employee and more flexible work schedules.
- Pay differential for working shifts such as nights, evenings, and weekends, as well as a clinical ladder differential for those with differing levels of experience and education.
Baptist Health Lexington places high importance on supporting nurses who wish to further their education. Our clinical librarians are available to help employees and staff who are returning to school with access to our many references. In addition, our library services provide our hospital and medical staff with access to information for clinical and professional decision making. Many of our leadership and extended role positions are made available to people who are promoted from within utilizing our clinical ladder program. We believe investing in our nurses also invests in Baptist Health Lexington as a whole.
We offer many different types of education to our employees, including on site education at no cost, and provide an education assistance program that reimburses up to $6,000 per year for full-time employees, after 6 months of employment, who wish to advance their education (prorated for part-time employees). We even offer a loan payback program!
Some of the most common types of education we offer are:
- An in-house leadership development program.
- Clinically based symposia on a variety of specialties that are free to staff (e.g., Orthopedic, Pediatric, Research, Neuroscience).
- Local, regional and national speakers who are brought in-house for education talks. Some members of our staff present nationally and in-house as well.
DAISY Awards are given out each quarter to a nurse who exemplifies the following:
- Dedicated to patient care and satisfaction.
- Attitude remains positive and demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Interested in the needs of the patient and family.
- Stands for and demonstrates the caring ideals, mission and values of Baptist Health Lexington.
- Yearly evaluation is in good standing.
- Employee is viewed by peers as a team player.
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse for this award, which is given each quarter. The DAISY Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 from ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Awards & Accreditations
- American® Nurses Credentialing Center (Magnet status for nursing).
- Nurse Magnet Award achieved three times from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 12 years.
- #1 hospital in Kentucky two years in a row by U.S. News & World Report.
- Kentucky Hospital Association Quality Award.
- Becker’s Hospital Review in 2016 list of 100 Great Hospitals.
- Consumer Choice.
- Modern Healthcare magazine's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
To view and apply for open positions at Baptist Health Lexington, please visit our HR portal. We look forward to receiving your application!