Nursing Careers at Baptist Health Corbin
Baptist Health Corbin is a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization. We pride ourselves on achieving this prestigious designation by meeting the highest standards in the world for nursing excellence. Our hospital serves the tri-county area of Knox, Whitley and Laurel counties and we receive many transfer patients and referrals from other hospitals and physicians due to the high level of care we offer at Baptist Health Corbin. As a Pathway to Excellence designated organization we are well recognized as a desirable place to practice a career in nursing and enjoy professional opportunities. Every two months we seek nominations for our DAISY® Award for Extraordinary Nurses to recognize those on our staff who go above and beyond for our patients.
Some additional benefits to working at Baptist Health Corbin include:
- Free onsite education program and tuition reimbursement.
- Up-to-date equipment, such as the Da Vinci surgical robot for minimally invasive surgery, a pharmaceutical robot that helps fill prescriptions and telemedicine in our CCU to assist in the continuing care of our patients.
- Self-scheduling where each unit has a team that takes requests and schedules for themselves and their peers, providing greater autonomy to each employee and more flexible work schedules.
- Shared governance with a representative from each department working on projects that effect all nurses, such as bedside reports.
- Pay differential for working shifts such as night and evenings, as well as a clinical ladder bonus for those with differing levels of experience and education.
Baptist Health Corbin places high importance on supporting nurses who wish to further their education. Our computers are equipped with EBSCO to help employees and staff with finding resources for clinical decision making or help with their studies. Our newly enacted clinical ladder program is also a tool we use to promote from within and reward those who have a career as a nurse at Baptist. We believe investing in our nurses also invests in Baptist Health Corbin as a whole.
We offer many different types of education to our employees, including an on-site education program at no cost, and provide an education assistance program that reimburses up to $3,000 per year for full-time employees, after 6 months of employment, who wish to advance their education (prorated for part-time employees). We even offer a loan payback program!
Some of the most common types of education we offer are:
- An in-house leadership development program.
- Clinically based symposia on a variety of specialties that are free to staff (e.g., Diabetes, Cardiology).
- Local and regional speakers who are brought in-house for education talks.
DAISY Awards are given out each quarter to a nurse who exemplifies the following:
- Dedicated to patient care and satisfaction.
- Attitude remains positive and demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Interested in the needs of the patient and family.
- Stands for and demonstrates the caring ideals, mission and values of Baptist Health Corbin.
- Yearly evaluation is in good standing. Employee is viewed by peers as a team player.
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse for this award, which is given every two months. The DAISY Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 from ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Awards & Accreditations
- Pathway to Excellence® designation achieved in 2017 from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 12 years.
- Bronze level of achievement from the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Hospice Hero Award in 2016 from Hospice of the Bluegrass.
- Guardian of Excellence Award for Outstanding Performance in Patient Experience from Press Ganey.
To view and apply for open positions at Baptist Health Corbin, please visit our HR Portal. We look forward to receiving your application!