Nursing Careers at Baptist Health Paducah
Baptist Health Paducah is a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization. We pride ourselves on achieving this prestigious designation by meeting the highest standards as a best place to work for nurses. Our hospital serves Paducah and its surrounding counties with a level of care that puts the well-being of its employees and the surrounding community above all else. As a Pathway to Excellence designated organization we are well recognized as a desirable place to practice a career in nursing and enjoy professional opportunities that may not be possible at a smaller facility. Each quarter we seek nominations for our DAISY® Award for Extraordinary Nurses to recognize those on our staff who go above and beyond for our patients.
Some additional benefits to working at Baptist Health Paducah include:
- Free onsite education, tuition reimbursement and loan repayment for new graduates.
- Pay differential of 15% for working nights.
- Onsite fitness room.
- Childcare center.
- Paid Kentucky license for out of state transfers.
- Mentorship opportunities in our Nursing Mentorship Program.
Baptist Health Paducah places high importance on supporting nurses who wish to further their education. We are an accredited provider of continuing education programs by the Kentucky Board of Nursing and regularly offer continuing education opportunities for our nurses. In fact, we believe it’s one of the many reasons we have been able to achieve our Pathway to Excellence standing.
We offer many different types of education to our employees, including on site education at no cost, and provide an education assistance program that reimburses up to $6,000 per year for full-time employees, after 6 months of employment, who wish to advance their education (prorated for part-time employees). We even offer a loan payback program!
Some of the most common types of education we offer are:
- Certification courses: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and the Instructors courses for ACLS, PALS and BLS. Trauma Nurse Core Course, Emergency Pediatric Nurse Course and Course of Advanced Trauma Nursing are offered on a regular basis. Instructor courses in TNCC and ENPC are offered yearly.
- Workshop offerings: Various topics for nurses and allied health professionals are presented as individual programs throughout the year.
- Emergency Nurses Association courses
DAISY Awards are given out each quarter to a nurse who exemplifies the following:
- Dedicated to patient care and satisfaction.
- Attitude remains positive and demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Interested in the needs of the patient and family.
- Stands for and demonstrates the caring ideals, mission and values of Baptist Health Paducah.
- Yearly evaluation is in good standing. Employee is viewed by peers as a team player.
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse for this award, which is given each quarter. The DAISY Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 from ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Awards & Accreditations
- American Nurses Credentialing Center ® (Pathway to Excellence).
- Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 12 years.
- Florence Nightingale Award in Nursing.
- One of America’s Best Hospitals in Patience Experience, four times since 2011.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners® 2015 Nurse Practitioner State
To view and apply for open positions at Baptist Health Paducah, please visit our HR portal. We look forward to receiving your application!