Nursing Careers at Baptist Health Richmond
“Baptist Health Richmond encourages board certification for all our nurses. We strive to provide the very best quality of care for our patients and community to promote staff advancement and professional growth through certification reimbursement.” – Mendy Blair, Baptist Health Richmond vice-president and chief nursing officer.
Baptist Health Richmond is a 105 bed, not for profit, acute care community hospital that serves Madison and surrounding counties. The Nursing Department provides the local community with professional, prompt, caring, and safe inpatient and outpatient nursing care. Nursing values human life and maintains the patient's dignity, privacy, confidentiality, and rights at all times. Care is provided by a highly trained and competent staff, which includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nursing Assistants, Patient Care and Surgical Technicians. Each quarter we seek nominations for our DAISY® Award for Extraordinary Nurses to recognize those on our staff who go above and beyond for our patients.
Some additional benefits to working at Baptist Health Richmond include:
- Free onsite education and tuition reimbursement.
- Self-scheduling where each unit has a team that takes requests and schedules for themselves and their peers, providing greater autonomy to each employee and more flexible work schedules.
- Pay differential for working shifts such as nights, evenings, and weekends, as well as a clinical ladder differential for those with differing levels of experience and education.
Baptist Health Richmond places high importance on supporting nurses who wish to further their education. Baptist Health upholds a high standard of nursing. Our nurses provide compassionate care using modern healthcare technology. With many educational opportunities throughout the hospital, you will find that Baptist Health nursing practice enjoys an exciting hands-on, self-governed professional environment. Every nursing career is unique with many specialties and schedules to choose from - all exemplifying excellence to coworkers, patients and the nursing profession. We believe investing in our nurses also invests in Baptist Health Richmond as a whole.
We offer many different types of education to our employees, including on site education at no cost, and provide an education assistance program that reimburses for full-time employees, after 6 months of employment, who wish to advance their education (prorated for part-time employees).
Some of the most common types of education we offer are:
- An in-house leadership development program.
- Clinically based symposia on a variety of specialties that are free to staff (e.g., Orthopedic, Pediatric, Research, Neuroscience).
- Local, regional and national speakers who are brought in-house for education talks. Some members of our staff present nationally and in-house as well.
DAISY Awards are given out each quarter to a nurse who exemplifies the following:
- Dedicated to patient care and satisfaction.
- Attitude remains positive and demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
- Interested in the needs of the patient and family.
- Stands for and demonstrates the caring ideals, mission and values of Baptist Health Richmond.
- Yearly evaluation is in good standing. Employee is viewed by peers as a team player.
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse for this award, which is given each quarter. The DAISY Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 from ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
Awards & Accreditations
Baptist Health Richmond is proud of our many quality achievements, including:
- 2017 Richmond Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year
- Designated as a “Pathway to Excellence” Hospital
- Healthgrades Top 10% for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog “A” rated hospital for two consecutive cycles
- Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky
To view and apply for open positions at Baptist Health Richmond, please visit our HR portal. We look forward to receiving your application!