Paducah Cancer Care
Quality cancer care since 1967
Of 5,000 cancer centers in the U.S, just 60 have earned the highest levels of accreditation. Baptist Health Paducah is one of them.
Baptist Health Paducah has led the region in cancer treatment since providing the first cobalt equipment in 1967. Nationally accredited since 2001, the comprehensive treatment center offers the most innovative technology in western Kentucky, from the latest in imaging and radiation therapy to the da Vinci Surgical System. Our new Ray & Kay Eckstein Regional Cancer Care Center, which opened in August 2017, will be the region’s first comprehensive cancer center.
Since Aug. 2015, the latest technology – stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiosurgery (SBRT) – cuts radiation treatment from weeks to days for some patients.
- Medical/oncology unit of 20 inpatient beds
- Five medical oncologists and 27 registered nurses
- 1,500 outpatient chemotherapy treatments per year
- Access to 165 clinical trials in statewide network
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American College of Radiology designated Lung Cancer Screening Center
- Experienced cancer registry tracks outcomes and survivors
- Weekly multidisciplinary tumor conference
Our services also include prevention programs and advanced technology for early detection, as well as cancer education and community outreach. Free events range from screenings to the Colossal Colon exhibit to a Lung Cancer Vigil.