Other Education Opportunities at Baptist Health Corbin
Other Education Opportunities
Computer classes are offered free of charge to employees every other month. Employees are encouraged to attend these classes to increase their computer skills. Classes include Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Crystal Reports.
All new employees take a computer orientation class and are given basic training in the computer skills and programs that they will use on the job.
Baptist Health Corbin offers a variety of Continuing Education (CE) for nurses and other healthcare professionals. Continuing Education consists of educational activities to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and professional performance.
Offerings include but not limited to:
- Domestic Violence Education
- Basic Life Support/CPR Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia Certification
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support Certification
- HIV Education
- Training and Seminars
Baptist Health Corbin is accredited by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) to provide continuing education credits for nurses. Several of the offerings are free of charge to employees.
Educational Assistance Program
The Educational Assistance program will provide a portion of the cost of your tuition for classes related to your job or designed to prepare you for further opportunities within the system. Eligible classes can be taken at any accredited school, college or university that is approved by the Educational Assistance Committee. Tuition is available to all regular employees who have completed at least six continuous months of employment before the class begins. Reimbursement is limited to $2,500 per fiscal year for full-time employees. Part-time employees will have reimbursement pro-rated, based on their full-time equivalent. Each course must be completed with a satisfactory grade to be reimbursed.
The purpose of the library is to be an integral factor in the achievement of the goals of Baptist Health Corbin. The library will support the educational, administrative, and patient care information needs and promote professional growth for those involved in providing care.
The Library is open for the use of employees, medical staff, students, and community. Regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening access is available to hospital employees on request.
- Print journals
- Electronic journals
- Literature searches: User may request assistance for searches on health related subjects
- Interlibrary loans: User may request to borrow books or obtain the materials that the library doesn't own.
- Check-out: Books and audiotapes can be checked out for two weeks.
- Internet access: The computers located in the library have internet accessibility to search databases.
- Photocopying service: Any healthcare professional requesting information on direct patient care will not be charged for photocopying service. Other material may be copied by the library staff for a minimal charge.
- Consumer Health: The library has a large selection of materials available on consumer health for our patients, their families, and the public.
To contact the Baptist Health Corbin Library staff, please call 606.302.2479 extension 8319.