Our commitment to transform health in our community
Baptist Health Paducah’s annual economic impact totals $180 million, plus $30 million in charitable/unreimbursed care and $360,000 in charitable donations. As the region’s leading healthcare provider and one of the biggest employers, Baptist Health Paducah takes seriously our commitment to our community to improve and transform health. Some of our community involvement and outreach projects and partnerships include:
- Nine school clinics, providing walk-in medical care to students, staff and parents to improve access to care and reduce absenteeism.
- Project Fit America indoor and outdoor fitness equipment and curriculum for 12 elementary schools.
- GoNoodle web-based fitness videos in 59 elementary schools.
- Health occupations class, a daily career exploration class for high school students, believed to be the first in the state on a hospital campus.
- A Medical Explorers post, offering an extracurricular opportunity for high school students to learn about health careers.
- Numerous community partnerships, ranging from a coalition building a new playground, to arts organizations with an “arts in healing” focus.