The Emergency Care Program at Baptist Health Louisville
Taking Emergency Care To The Next Level
In 2016, Baptist Health Louisville, one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the region averaging more than 53,000 visits annually, embarked on a major expansion. The $18.7 million renovation focuses on patient, staff and physician satisfaction, reconfiguring and expanding the department to increase capacity and maximize patient throughput. In addition, it enhances patient privacy and the overall patient experience, minimizes the need for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) diversion, and improves the work environment for Emergency Department staff and physicians.
Key project facts:
- Addition of 9,278 square feet of space.
- Increasing number of treatment rooms from 32 to 44, supporting treatment of up to 178 patients per day.
- All-private treatment rooms with more accommodations for family members to be with their loved ones.
- Six new ambulance bays will be added, with more streamlined ambulance access and a more efficient process for walk-in patients and EMS arrivals.
- Enhanced patient experience by providing more family-friendly waiting areas that include technology charging stations.