Oxygen Therapy for COPD
You may have medical gas therapy if you need supplemental oxygen to make it easier for you to breathe.
What You Need to Know
- You absolutely cannot smoke while you are using oxygen.
- Don't store your oxygen near a heat source or open flame.
- Don't change the flow rate on your oxygen by yourself. This can cause serious side effects.
- Don't use more than 50 feet of oxygen tubing.
- Oxygen is a safe gas, if used properly.
Next Steps with MyChart
Discover MyChart, a free patient portal that combines your Baptist Health medical records into one location. Schedule appointments, review lab results, financials, and more! If you have questions, give us a call.