Urgent Care Video Visits FAQ
Urgent care video visits are a fast, easy way to see a provider. Urgent care video visits are used to treat conditions typically treated at urgent care and are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It's easy to use, free to enroll, private, and secure. Your insurance will be billed for this visit and collect a co-pay per your insurance, typically the same cost as in-person visits. Any portion not covered by your insurance plan will be billed and collected after the visit.
Be sure to select Tyto on your "Select a reason for your visit" step and make sure your Tyto device paired with your MyChart account, is connected to your current WiFi and fully charged.
Parents and guardians can be used for children, if they are under age 18, as long as you have proxy access to the child's MyChart account. When you log in to MyChart, there is a proxy access form within the links at the bottom of the page.
You must be located in Kentucky or Indiana at the time of the video visit.
Virtual Care video visits can be used 7 days a week 24 hours a day. It’s perfect when you’re too sick or busy to see a provider in person, or when you’re away from home.
You can meet with a provider to get treatment for colds, coronavirus screenings, flu-like symptoms, fevers, rash, pink eye, headaches, sinusitis, and more.
Learn how to get started with a scheduled appointment video visit.
Your insurance will be billed for this visit and collect a co-pay per your insurance. Any portion not covered by your insurance plan will be billed and collected after the visit.
Medications may be prescribed if the provider decides this is an appropriate treatment. Certain controlled medications may not be prescribed through virtual care. Prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
How to Get Started with an Urgent Care Video Visit
- Sign into MyChart on your computer or the MyHealth mobile app. You can also sign up now to get started in one easy process on MyChart.
- Click menu, then select "Urgent Care Video Visit".
- Confirm your current location.
- Select a reason for your visit. If you plan on using your TytoCare device, please select Tyto here.
- Choose whether you will use a computer or a mobile app. The MyHealth mobile app is the preferred method of connection.
- Review the estimated wait time and click "put me in line".
- When a provider is ready to see you, you will receive an email and/or mobile app alert that you can join the visit. If you are on a mobile device, please be sure to turn on notifications in your mobile settings for the app.
- After clicking Join Video visit, you will automatically launch into Twilio to connect to the video visit. Ensure you click Continue and then Allow for your device to access your camera and microphone.
- You will be prompted to a hardware test where we recommend testing your speaker. After completing this, click Join Call to be placed in the virtual waiting room.
Next Steps with MyChart
Discover MyChart, a free patient portal that combines your Baptist Health medical records into one location. Schedule appointments, review lab results, financials, and more! If you have questions, give us a call.