Home Care Therapy and Rehabilitation
Sometimes after an illness, surgery or stroke, or because of a developmental condition, people can lose functional skills that allow them to safely participate in daily activities at home. Baptist Home Health Care therapy and rehabilitation services can help people regain those skills.
Our licensed physical therapists focus on helping you or your loved one regain strength, improve balance and coordination, and be as safely independent as possible. We’ll teach you important exercises and walking techniques and show family caregivers how to use safe and effective transfer procedures.
Our personalized home-based physical therapy programs are designed to improve health and function, and may include:
- Gait (manner of walking) training
- Home adaptation to make your environment sale and functional
- Home exercise programs
- Therapeutic exercise to improve your health
- Transfer training for safe movement
Our licensed occupational therapists work with patients in their homes to show how routines and surroundings can be adapted to encourage independence. Exercises can be taught to help improve motor and sensory skills, sight and range of motion. We’ll teach you new and different ways to perform daily tasks, such as dressing and cooking. And we’ll help you or your loved one learn to use assistive devices like canes, walkers or other new and familiar tools and appliances.
Occupational therapy programs are developed to meet the individual needs of each patient and may include:
- Activities to improve memory, planning and self-management
- Adaptations and skills to cope with vision or hearing loss
- Education and retraining in daily living skills
- Home environment design adaptation for safety and function
- Splints and adaptive equipment to help in your daily activities
Our speech therapists can provide exercises and retraining to help people whose condition makes it difficult to swallow, speak or communicate through writing. Treatments are designed to improve memory and thinking, language, speech, voice and breathing and may include:
- Therapy to correct or adapt to swallowing disorders
- Retraining in oral and written communication skills
- Support to help you and your loved one understand the speech-language problem
Contact us for more information, and to see if you're eligible to receive therapy and rehabilitation services at home. Baptist Health Home Care services require a physician referral.