Senior Home Care Services
What Is Home Care for Seniors?
Home care for seniors are services provided to the elderly, typically ages 65 and older, who continue to live at home, rather than in a retirement community, assisted living facility, or nursing home. Home care services can include household maintenance, home modifications, personal care, transportation, healthcare, and day programs. The market is comprised of both full-service agencies that specialize in eldercare and lower-cost independent providers.
An estimated four out of five seniors receiving personal assistance have opted to do so in their own residence. Baptist Health home-care professionals can make a positive difference in the life of any senior who requires assistance, while remaining in the place that he or she calls home.
What Are Home Care Services for the Elderly?
At-home senior care includes:
- Healthcare services
- Assistance with grooming and hygiene
- Bathroom assistance
- Grocery shopping, menu planning, and meal preparation
- Mobility assistance
- Running errands
- Light housework
- Offsite transportation
Are Senior Home Care Services Right for Me?
It’s no surprise that most of us want to stay at home as we age. Nevertheless, there a number of factors that should be considered before you commit to aging in place:
- How accessible is your home? How much maintenance is required?
- What about your neighborhood? Do you still feel safe living there?
- What does your family think? Are any members of your family in a position to help you?
- How is your health? Are you able to get around? Do you require regular looking-after for any medical conditions?
- How much social contact do you have? Is continuing to live at home going to leave you feeling isolated?
- What about your financial situation? What are the comparative costs of staying at home with senior services provided versus moving to a new location, such as an assisted living facility?
Learn More About Senior Home Care Services from Baptist Health
The American population is aging and home care services for seniors are becoming increasingly important. That’s why Baptist Health has developed programs to help the elderly age in place – with dignity and support.