Heart Failure Clinic
Your physician may refer you to Baptist Health's Congestive Heart Failure Clinic if you have congestive heart failure.
About Congestive Heart Failure
Symptoms of congestive heart failure include:
- Shortness of breath.
- Wheezing or coughing.
- Fluid retention.
- Weight gain.
- Appetite loss.
- Abnormally fast or slow heartbeat.
If you're not sure you have congestive heart failure, talk to your physician.
What You Need to Know
- We examine your medical condition, assess your needs and develop a plan to help you feel better. Your plan may include medication and lifestyle and dietary changes.
- Your team includes a cardiologist, nurse practitioner, and pharmacist. Your team meets with you at your first appointment.
- The pharmacist will work with the clinic providers to evaluate and optimize your medications for heart failure, as well as discuss how they work, why you are taking them, and any side effects you may experience. Additionally, the pharmacist will work with you to help support your finding affordable medications.
- You're welcome to bring along a family member or caregiver.
- Read more about how to ensure your medical care wishes are followed through learning more about advanced care planning.