Treadmill Stress Test
A treadmill stress test evaluates your heart rate at intervals as you rest and exercise on a treadmill. The test shows your physician how well your heart muscle contracts and whether any areas are deprived of blood.
What You Need to Know
- The test takes about 30 minutes.
- A physician will be by your side during the test.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing; you will be walking on a treadmill.
- Don't eat or drink after midnight on the night before your test.
- Bring to the test a list of all medications you take, including over-the-counter medications. Ask your physician in advance if you should stop taking any medication before the test.