Testing at Baptist Health Lexington
Welcome to the Baptist Health Lexington Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) webpage. We know having surgery or a procedure can cause worry. Most people have questions in the days before. To help, your physician requests an appointment in PAT. The appointment allows an opportunity for you to learn more about getting ready for the scheduled surgery and procedure, and ask additional questions with our nursing staff.
You can use this webpage to learn more. This webpage has an online library and provides access to learning videos and reading materials on many medical subjects. Please watch the video and read materials before your PAT appointment. However, the information will be there anytime it works best for you (24/7). Family and friends are encouraged to watch the videos and learn information to support you.
The videos can help:
- Learn how to get ready for the scheduled surgery or procedure
- Answer questions about what is going to happen
- Have better results with less problems (such as infections, pain, extra hospital stays)
Who can help with these steps or if I have more questions?
- Call Pre-Admission Testing at Baptist Health Lexington at 859.260.6499 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. One of our staff will be happy to help.
Video #1: Pre-Admission Testing: General Education for All Patients
Who should review? All patients coming to PAT for their initial visit should review this video and complete the online post-survey before attending their scheduled appointment.
Purpose: The purpose of the video is to assist safely preparing you for the scheduled surgery or procedure. Topics discussed include:
- what to expect during your PAT visit and items to bring
- preventing infection
- using an incentive spirometer (if ordered by a physician)
- pain management
- Meds to Beds Program
- what to bring to the hospital on the day of surgery
- using medicated or CHG wipes to prepare skin before surgery (if ordered by physician)
- PAT PASS
- blood glucose monitoring
- arriving to Baptist Health Lexington on the day of surgery
- Access and review or print the PAT General Education Packet. You may bring to the PAT appointment also.
- Watch the PAT General Education video.
- Complete the online post-survey. Your information in confidential and takes about 5 minutes or less to complete. Results are used to verify how ready you are safely prepared for the scheduled surgery or procedure.