Our specialty pharmacy services at Baptist Health are designed to improve the lives of patients receiving specialty care. It can be stressful to start a new medication, and our specialty pharmacy team has the training and knowledge to help. Along with filling prescriptions, our specialty pharmacies provide additional support for specialty medications and conditions.
The specialty team can assist with financial and billing concerns, ensure prompt no-cost medication delivery, and enroll you in a patient management program to make sure you get the best possible results from your specialty medications.
- We provide community (retail) and specialty pharmacy services for our patients. This means you can fill your specialty medication and your regular, maintenance medications at our pharmacy
- Dedicated pharmacists and care coordinators are available to meet with you in your specialty clinic provider appointments or by phone to provide ongoing support and answer your questions
- Our team will contact you 5-7 days before your next refill is due to make sure that you don’t miss any doses of your medication and that you receive it on time
- Clinical pharmacists regularly follow-up to ask about your treatment and address any concerns, including any side effects or medication interactions you may be experiencing
- We work with your insurance company, drug manufacturer, and patient assistance programs to help you get your medication at the lowest possible cost
- Our team coordinates free delivery of your medications directly to your home or another approved location, including any special packaging or handling your medication requires
- Pharmacists with specialized training provide you with Individualized medication counseling
- We discuss with you how your treatment is affecting your quality of life, and work with you to create plans that help you reach the goals you have for your treatment
Specialty Medications and Condition Support
Our pharmacists are committed to helping you access medications that may be difficult to locate when treating complex, long-term medical problems. They work closely with your doctor to ensure that you receive high-quality medicine at an affordable cost. Our pharmacists can also help answer your questions about copays, insurance, storage, and how to administer your medicine.
We provide support for special conditions related to:
- Gynecology and Fertility
- Infectious Disease
- Endocrinology and Metabolic Conditions
Our specialty pharmacists work closely with your doctor to ensure that you receive high-quality medicine at an affordable cost.
Pharmacy and Support Services
Our specialty pharmacy provides end-to-end support for your prescriptions. Our pharmacists can help you fill or refill your prescription, transfer your prescription, navigate prior authorizations, and schedule delivery of your medication at a location and time convenient to you. Our Baptist Health specialty pharmacies provide free medication delivery services. We will ensure that your medication is stored, packed, and delivered to your approved location when you need it. We can also deliver your medication directly to your room if you are admitted to a Baptist Health hospital.
Patient Management Programs
When you fill a specialty medication with our pharmacy, you are automatically enrolled in our free Patient Management Program. This customized program helps you get the best possible results from your specialty medication(s) and offers exclusive benefits to members, including:
- 24/7 support for your medication questions or concerns.
- Free delivery of your medications directly to your home or another approved location.
- Regular check-ins and refill reminder calls to help you stay on track with your dosing schedule.
- Reduced risk for medication interactions and improved management of side effects.
Financial and Billing Information
Our Baptist Health specialty pharmacies work with most insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid and commercial. If you have any concerns with the cost of medications, our specialty pharmacists are committed to helping you. We will make sure that your insurance coverage is correct and that you pay as little as possible for copays. We are also committed to fair and transparent medication costs. We will let you know the cost of your medication upfront. At your request, the pharmacy can also give you a complete breakdown of the cost of your medication. Our specialty pharmacies accept a range of payment options.
Medication and Patient Safety
Our specialty pharmacy can help you keep track of your current prescriptions and help you avoid harmful drug interactions and adverse effects from your medications. For more information about your disposal options, please visit the FDA’s Safe Disposal of Medicines website. You can also visit the Centers for the Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Safe Community Needle Disposal website.
For non-urgent matters or to request a refill after hours, you may call the specialty pharmacy or your clinic specialty pharmacist and follow the prompts to leave a message. The pharmacy team will contact you when the pharmacy opens. Our pharmacies provide access to an after-hours pharmacist when the pharmacy is closed. This service is intended for urgent clinical or medication support outside of normal business hours. If you are experiencing an urgent issue, please call the specialty pharmacy call center and follow the phone prompts to select the appropriate option to reach a pharmacist. If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
Holiday Hours and Closings
Baptist Health Pharmacy locations have modified hours or are closed on the following holidays. Our team will help make sure that you do not miss medication doses on holidays.
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Specialty Pharmacy Locations
1700 Nicholasville Road, Suite 1210
Lexington, Kentucky 40503
Located in the North Tower on the ground floor
Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Specialty Pharmacy Call Center
The call center is open Monday-Friday, from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Please also visit the following links for additional information and resources:
- Feedback—We appreciate your feedback because it helps to improve the care we provide. You can send us feedback through the patient satisfaction survey.
- Complaints—We encourage you to let us know immediately if you are having issues with our services as it supports our commitment to consistently provide our patients with the highest level of care. If you have any concerns regarding your experience with Baptist Health Specialty Pharmacies, we want to hear from you so that we can resolve these issues and answer your questions.
- Privacy practices—Baptist Health is committed to keeping patient information confidential and secure. In compliance with federal, state, and local laws, Baptist Health provides a full description of our privacy practices on our website.