Inpatient Adult Behavioral Health Unit
The Adult Psychiatric Unit at the Trillium Center is a secure unit that treats both males and females, 18 years of age and older, who require 24-hour nursing care and cannot be treated in a less intense setting. The Trillium Center treats individuals with complex mental illness including depression, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and dual-diagnosis addictive disorders. The center operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The average length of stay is three to five days.
What Can You Expect?
- When first admitted to the unit, the patient will meet with a nurse to discuss paperwork, the unit, and complete an initial safety assessment. During the first 24 hours, the patient will also meet with a therapist and a psychiatrist to better understand the needs of the admission and to plan for the course of appropriate treatment.
- Throughout the stay, the patient will work on establishing skills to handle current and future crises and develop a patient safety plan to increase stabilization after discharge.
- The inpatient unit is a group environment where participation in treatment is actively encouraged. A typical treatment day includes participation in group therapy, symptom management groups, individual psychotherapy, groups with Therapeutic Recreation, a psychiatric assessment, and intervention.
- The inpatient team, in conjunction with the patient’s family (if agreeable), will start discharge planning and coordinate care with outside providers and agencies. The inpatient team can help connect families with outside therapies, home-based interventions and other care teams to improve consistency after discharge.
Goals for Patients Receiving Adult Psychiatric Treatment
- Re-establishing basic emotional and cognitive stability.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive treatment plan, including medication management, therapy and nutrition.
- Designing an individual recovery plan that identifies specific goals, life changes and effective methods for achieving those goals.
- At the Trillium Center, we offer a wide range of evidence-based therapeutic groups to achieve optimal health for the body and mind. Our staff is well-trained, compassionate and determined to guide you and your loved one along the path to recovery.