Adult Detox Recovery Program
Addressing Addiction: Ashley's Story
Adult Detox: What You and Your Family Should Know
The Detox Recovery Program at Baptist Health Corbin provides medically managed and monitored detoxification services for adults. The detox process usually lasts 3-10 days depending on the substance(s) used, how heavily they were used, how long they have been used, as well as the mental and physical health status of the patient.
Detox Admission Process
Monitoring & Treatment
Upon admission, personal belongings will be stored in a secure area. The patient will be provided with hygiene supplies for your stay in the detoxification unit. Registered nurses will care for detoxification needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Registered nurses are responsible for assessing a patient's health, progress and readiness for transition by completing physical and withdrawal assessments, checking vital signs, administering medications and providing education on withdrawal symptoms, treatment and recovery support. Within the first 24 hours of your admission, patients will meet with their treatment team (Psychiatrist, Therapist and Recreation Therapist) to discuss a treatment plan and to begin aftercare planning.
Detox Visitation & Family Meetings
During regularly scheduled visitation and family meetings, the Trillium Center asks that patients have no more than two visitors at a time, and asks that visitors do not bring purses, bags, cameras or cell phones on the unit.
No incoming calls are allowed to patients; however, there are designated phone times to allow patients to talk with their family and to make arrangements for aftercare.
More information is available on Adult Detox and Family Information.
How to Choose the Appropriate Health Detox Center
Choosing the appropriate health detox center for you or your loved one is very important in recovery.
Options to consider when choosing a detox center:
- The credentials and experience of the medical staff
- Financial obligations
- Types of service offered
- Types of addiction treated within the program
What to Bring to Your Medical Detox Center
We want your or your loved one's stay during your detox treatment to be as comfortable as possible, and we expect that some personal items will help. We do prefer, however, that all personal belongings fit into one carry-on size bag.
Items to bring include the following:
- Enough appropriate clothing for 5 days
- Personal hygiene products that DO NOT contain alcohol
- Any prescription medications you are taking (need to be in original bottle with original label that includes doctor’s name, name of medication, and dosage schedule)
- Stamps and envelopes for writing letters
- Your own personal recovery books (with no wires or staples)
- Non-skid footwear such as slippers or house shoes
- Coats, jackets, or sweatshirts depending upon the time of year
- If you choose, enough cigarettes or smokeless tobacco to last a week (must be unopened packages)
- A smile and positive attitude, to prepare you for the better life that you deserve
Items to not bring include the following:
- ANYTHING containing alcohol
- No personal snacks
- Colognes, perfumes, or body sprays – most people become sensitive, sometimes nauseous, to these products while in treatment
- Athletic tank tops or revealing clothing
- Zippo or Butane lighter fuels or any other flammable liquids
- Inappropriate or pornographic material that is detrimental to recovery, such as magazines, pictures, DVDs, video tapes, etc.
- Clothing that depicts use, sales, promotion, or advertising of alcohol, drugs, or paraphernalia. Clothing with removable strings.
- Weapons of any kind – including pocket knives
- Cameras or any electronic device that contains a camera (like a cellphone or iPhone)
- Computers or any electronic device that can connect to the Internet
- Extension cords or power strips
Any valuable items should be left at home. While we can secure some personal belongings that aren't needed in treatment, our storage space is limited.
Learn more about What to Bring to Detox.
How to Transition from Your Detox
There will be arrangements made for the appropriate level of care.