This year's MED Camp has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We look forward to holding MED Camp in 2022.
Baptist Health Corbin MED Camp's mission is to provide an informative, educational, and medical focus enhancement opportunity for students with potential career objectives in the field of medicine or health care administration.
Baptist Health Corbin MED Camp gives students a unique learning opportunity to broaden their understanding of health care as well as introducing them to the challenges that confront our nation's health care system today. We use a broad curriculum that incorporates lectures, department observations and hands-on exercises. The time at MED Camp will be a time of discovery and challenge to allow you to learn more about the healthcare field.
Rising high school students in their junior or senior year are eligible for entry into the summer program. To learn more about the MED Camp program or to apply for the program, please see our information sheet and application on the right hand side of the page. Acceptance is limited to the first 8 students for each camp.
Additional details are provided below.
- Ground transportation will be provided for all students.
- Students will be housed in a hotel in close proximity to the hospital.
- Security will be provided through the night by Baptist Health Corbin.
- Hospital scrubs will be provided to student as required campus attire.
- Parents will have the names and contact information of all Baptist Health Corbin counselors and involved staff.
View the MED Camp information sheet.