Cancer Care Nurse Navigators
Baptist Health Nurse Navigators are here to steer patients and their families through what can often be an overwhelming string of medical reports, surgery plans and follow-up treatments.
Our Nurse Navigators work with patients and members of their medical team to ease stress and assist with questions and education through the entire treatment process.
Their services include:
- Answering questions and addressing patient concerns
- Educating and supporting patients and empowering them to make informed treatment decisions
- Working with the patient's team of doctors to make delivery of care more efficient
- Providing education and knowledge to help patients better understand the disease process and treatment options
- Assisting patients and their families with finding appropriate resources during and after treatment
- Coordinating access to counselors, nutritionists and local support agencies