Research at Baptist Health Paducah
Medical research represents the future of healthcare. That is why Baptist Health hospitals participate in clinical research projects. This participation is a key part of our organization-wide commitment to improving medical outcomes for patients both today and tomorrow. Baptist Health Paducah is committed to providing its patients with the best care possible. To fulfill this goal, we offer opportunities to participate in clinical trials in addition to standard medical treatments. These trials range from observational studies, where we collect data regarding particular conditions or diseases, to treatment trials in which examine the safety and effectiveness of new drugs or therapies in managing your health condition.. At Baptist Health Paducah we offer clinical trials in cancer care and cardiac care.
Below is a list of clinical trials currently underway at Baptist Health Paducah:
- NRG-BR-003: A Randomized Phase III Trial of Adjuvant Therapy Comparing Doxorubicin Plus Cyclophosphamide Followed by Weekly Paclitaxel with or without Carboplatin for Node-Positive or High-Risk Node-Negative Triple-Negative Invasive Breast Cancer
- NRG-LU005: A Phase II/III Randomized Study of Chemoradiation Versus Chemoradiation Plus Atezolizumab
- A151216: Adjuvant Lung Cancer Enrichment Marker Identification and Sequencing Trial (ALCHEMIST)
- ECOG-ACRIN E4512: A Phase III Double-Blind Trial for Surgically Resected Early Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Crizotinib Versus Placebo for Patients With Tumors Harboring the Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase Fusion Protein.
- RAZOR-Encore: A Randomized Prospective Trial of Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Patients with Completely Resected Stage I or IIA Non-Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Identified as High or Intermediate Risk by a 14-Gene Prognostic Assay
- VastBiome: The Gut Microbiome and Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy in Solid Tumors
- Ascend 2: Detecting Cancers Earlier Through Elective Plasma-Based CancerSEEK Testing-Ascertaining Serial Cancer Patients to Enable New Diagnostic II (DETECT-ASCEND 2)
- FineArts: A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate The Efficacy and Safety of Finerenone on Morbidity and Mortality in Participants With Heart Failure and LVEF ≥40%
A Team Approach to Research
Research is a team effort. The research team at Baptist Health Paducah is always on the lookout for groundbreaking clinical trials that offer new hope to patients living with certain medical conditions. We have several ongoing studies that target different types and stages of cancer and cardiac care, focusing on those with an emphasis on those most prevalent in our region. Our research staff identifies and screens patients on a daily basis to provide them with treatment options that go beyond standard levels of care.
Research as Resource
The Baptist Health Paducah research team offers a number of services that are vital to the success of clinical research and testing:
- Participation in federal and commercially sponsored trials that provide new treatment opportunities for various medical conditions and diseases
- Research coordination
- Trial-matching patients to studies taking place both inside and outside Baptist Health
- Collaboration with other hospitals and treatment centers to find the best possible fit between patients and research initiatives.
Areas of Emphasis
The Baptist Health Paducah research program focuses on studying and treating cancer and cardiac related illnesses. We are currently undertaking a range of commercially and federally sponsored trials in the areas of lung, breast cancer and heart failure..
How to Contact Us
For general questions about the research program at Baptist Health Paducah, please contact our clinical research manager:
If you are currently participating in a trial and have a question, please contact your study coordinator, your physician, or the physician overseeing your study. Contact information was included with the consent documents you signed when you enrolled in the trial.
Where We’re Located
Baptist Health Paducah Research Department
2501 Kentucky Avenue
Paducah, KY 42003