Questions to Ask
Before joining a clinical trial, it is important for you and your family members to ask questions before deciding to participate.
- What is the purpose of the study?
- What kinds of tests and treatments are involved?
- How do the possible risks, side effects, and benefits in the study compare with my current treatment?
- How might this study affect my daily life?
- How many visits per week or month will I need to make?
- How long will the study last?
- Is a hospital stay required?
- Who will pay for the treatment?
- Will the trial, or my insurance, cover all or part of it?
- Will I be reimbursed for any expenses such as transportation?
- What type of long-term follow-up care is part of this study?
- How will I know that the treatment being studied is working?
- Will the results of the trial be given to me?
- Who will be in charge of my care?
- Are there other experts I can talk to about this study?
- Can I take the informed consent form home to talk it over with my family?