Anna Hitron, PharmD, BCOP
Oncology Pharmacy Specialist, Baptist Health Louisville
Masters of Business Administration, University of Louisville, 2014
Masters of Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences (emphasis in Pharmacoepidemiology/Outcomes Research), University of Kentucky, 2011
PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Oncology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky., 2009
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, Ca., 2008
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, 2007
Oncology Pharmacy Specialist, Baptist Health Louisville, Louisville, Ky., 2017-present
PGY1 Residency Program Director, Baptist Health Louisville, Louisville, Ky., 2016-2017
Oncology Pharmacy Specialist, Baptist Health Louisville, Louisville, Ky., 2012-2016
Oncology Pharmacy Specialist, Jewish Hospital/St. Mary’s Healthcare, Louisville, Ky., 2010-2012
Staff Oncology Pharmacist, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Ky., 2008-2010
- “Prostate Cancer”. PHR 6601: Therapeutics IV Course. Sullivan University College of Pharmacy. April 2016.
- “Use of Anticoagulation in Obese Patients.” Continuing Education. Kentucky Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists Fall Meeting. October 2015.
- “Targeted Chemotherapy: Guiding patients to more personalized care.” Kentucky Cancer Registry 29th Annual Advanced Cancer Registrars’ Workshop. August 2015.
- “The long and short of pain management: A review”. Oncology Nurse Advisor Virtual Summit. Online National Presentation. March 2014.
- “The importance of taking your pills on schedule.” CancerCare Connect Patient Workshop. Online National Presentation. March 2012.
- Hitron A, Adams V, Talbert J, Steinke D. The influence of antidiabetic medications on the development and progression of prostate cancer. Cancer Epidemiology. 2012; 36(4):e243-50.
- Hitron AE, Steinke D, Sutphin S, Lawson A, Talbert J, Adams V. Incidence and risk factors of clinically significant chemotherapy induced thrombocytopenia in patients with solid tumors. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice. 2011;17(4):312-9
- Hitron AE, Sun Y, Scarpace SB. Accuracy of empiric gentamicin dosing in neonates. Journal of Pediatric Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2010;15(4):264-273
- Wermeling D, Hitron A, Adams V. Opioid harm reduction strategies: Expanded access to the opioid antidote naltrexone. Kentucky Health Systems Pharmacy Newsletter. 2010;28(2):2-5.
- Hitron AE, Adams V, Wermeling D. Redistribution of controlled substances: laws and regulations governing take-back. Kentucky Health Systems Pharmacy Newsletter. 2010;28(2):8-11.
- Hitron AE. Methadone: A Call for Vigilance. The Kentucky Pharmacist. 2009;27(3):3-5.
- Hitron AE, Adams V. The pharmacological management of skeletal related events from metastatic tumors. Orthopedics. 2009;32(3):188.
Preceptor development, symptom management, pain control, project management
Gardening, cooking, playing outside with my daughter
PGY1 Hematology/Oncology, Advanced Practice Pharmacy Experience Hematology/Oncology