Physical therapists are important members of the Rehabilitation Team. They help you regain strength, coordination and balance and reach goals such as independent movement, wheelchair mobility and walking.
The Physical Therapy Department consists of three areas: Acute Care, Rehabilitation, and Outpatient Services.
- Orthopedic assessments of musculoskeletal problems.
- Gait (manner of walking) analysis for walking problems.
- Therapy for chronic pain problems.
- Aquatic (water) therapy for conditions such as arthritis, Parkinson's disease and strokes.
- Manual therapy techniques including joint mobilization, positional release, strain/counter strain and muscle energy.
- Diagnosis and rehabilitation of vestibular (dizziness and balance) disorders.
- Pediatric rehabilitation services for developmental and physical problems.
- Treatment of chronic, non-healing wounds.
- Custom-fabricated arch supports.
- Patient education and home program instruction.
- Arthritis therapy.
- Dry needling.