You may need help recovering after orthopedic surgery or an orthopedic condition. The Short-Term Rehabilitation Program at Baptist Health is designed to help you gain the skills you need to return home quickly with as much independence as possible.
The program is focused on you and your unique needs. Features include:
- Registered nurses available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Individualized treatment plans created by a multidisciplinary team of professionals in collaboration with you and your family.
- Full-time physical, occupational and speech therapists.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Private resident rooms with private bathrooms, and adaptive equipment to help you practice the skills you need in daily life.
- Help getting you back to doing what you enjoy, including hobbies and work tasks.
Our Short-Term Rehab Program provides the medical care you need while you're with us, including:
- IV therapy.
- Recovery from total joint replacement and wound care, pain management, nutritional management, pulmonary management and oncology management.
- Physical therapy to teach you and your family the skills for returning home, identify safety issues in your home and create a customized exercise program to help you reach your optimal activity level.
- Occupational therapy to work on activities such as cooking, dining, bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Speech therapy to improve swallowing, chewing, verbal expression, memory, organization of thoughts, sequencing, auditory comprehension, problem solving, graphic skills, visual perception and comprehension.
- Access to hospital departments and specialists on the Baptist Health medical staff, including diagnostic imaging, emergency, orthopedics, podiatry, dentistry and otolaryngology.
As a resident of the Short-Term Rehab unit, you may take advantage of:
- Private rooms
- Recreation activities that provide daily social, creative and intellectual stimulation
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Evening snacks
- An outdoor courtyard
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Daily admissions
- Telephone and cable television
- Family teaching and counseling
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurance plans.