Corbin Family Fitness Children's Playroom
Monday – Saturday mornings: 8:00am-12:00pm
Monday –Thursday evening: 3:30pm-8:30pm
Friday evening: 3:30pm-7:00pm
Closed on Sunday
- Only member’s children or grandchildren are allowed use of playroom facility.
- Children must be at least 6 weeks of age and less than 10-years-old (exceptions made for children with special needs).
- Maximum stay is two hours.
- Parents may not leave the facility while child is in our care.
- The playroom is closed and locked during off-hours.
- Full attire (shirts, pants, dresses, shoes) is required at all times. Children's belongings, such as clothing, toys, pacifiers, and personal items, should be labeled.
- For the safety and health of playroom participants, sick children are not permitted in the playroom.
- Parents are responsible for diaper changing. Attendants are not permitted to change diapers. If children have accidents parents will be called from their work-out to change diapers. All older children must be able to take care of their personal needs in the restroom.
- Parents must sign their children in and out of the playroom.
- Children are not allowed to leave the playroom unless accompanied by a parent or designee.
- The playroom staff is not equipped to spoon-feed children. Snacks are allowed, but children will be responsible for feeding themselves. Spill-proof drinks and dry snacks are permitted in designated areas. No glass products, candy, gum or peanut butter.
- Steps to corrective action:
- Playroom staff will try to change the behavior by distraction.
- Child will be told to sit in timeout.
- Child will be told that the parent will be called if the behavior is not changed.
- Playroom staff will have parent paged to come to the playroom.
- There is limited space in the playroom. It is the discretion of the playroom staff whether the playroom is overcrowded. If it reaches this point, children can be turned away. A ratio of at least 2 employees per 12 children will be maintained at all times.
- If your child cries uncontrollably for more than 15 minutes parents will be paged or notified immediately.
Care of Children with Special Needs
When children with disabilities are in the playroom, all reasonable and appropriate efforts shall be made to provide those children with equal opportunities to participate in the same program activities as their peers.
In the Event of an Emergency
Fire Plan - Staff and children will exit through the side door and assemble in the bank parking lot.
Tornado Plan - All children will be moved to the hallway by the locker rooms.
Playroom Mission Statement
We, the playroom staff, are here to create a safe and enjoyable environment for our members' children.