Overcoming Covid 19 Vaccine Hesitancy
Should I be Hesitant About COVID-19 Vaccines?
When it comes to treating and preventing COVID-19, Baptist Health has played a leading role in communities across Kentucky and Southern Indiana. The same is true for the medical education information we provide. We believe that a well-educated public is one of the best weapons we have in overcoming the pandemic. This includes helping the public understand the advantages of being vaccinated for COVID-19 and sift through the truths from the myths.
It’s only natural to have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines. Allow us to provide some assurance of the benefits of vaccination. If you have questions about your personal health status and vaccination, please talk with your healthcare provider to make a decision that is best for you.
The Truths of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Vaccination can protect you from a dangerous disease: Safeguard yourself and your loved ones from a known source of illness, hospitalization, and death.
- Vaccination can play a critical role in ending the pandemic: The more people who are immunized, the less of a threat COVID-19 becomes to our world.
- COVID-19 vaccines have been tested: Thorough testing is required in order for a vaccine to be approved, even for emergency use. Rigid guidelines must be met in order for a vaccine to reach the general public.
- COVID-19 vaccines are effective: Clinical trials showed the vaccines to have success rates as high as 95 percent in fighting the COVID-19 infection.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe: Adverse reactions are typically mild and transitory. Extreme reactions are very rare. If you are concerned about a possible reaction, please consult with your medical provider.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free. The cost of vaccination is being underwritten by the U.S. government as a critical public-health initiative.
- COVID-19 vaccines are innovative but not experimental: The approved vaccines utilize innovative medical technology but do not use gene therapy, a myth that has concerned some.
- Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are embracing vaccination as a key element in beating COVID-19: From the start, Baptist Health and other local healthcare organizations have been at the forefront of the fight against this disease.
Quality Information Leads to Quality Care
COVID-19 is one of the most serious medical challenges we have ever confronted. Accurate information is key to recovering from this pandemic. We, at Baptist Health, are proud to be playing a role to help end this crisis. Get vaccinated with one of three vaccines currently approved for use in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can click here to schedule your vaccine if you reside in Kentucky and here, if you reside in Indiana.