Temporary Visitor Restrictions for Baptist Health Louisville
Page updated 11/1/2022
Effective July 25, 2022, but subject to change based on patient and staff safety related to COVID-19 status.
Baptist Health Louisville’s new visitor guidelines are subject to change based on patient and staff safety related to COVID-19 status.
Visitors must wear a well-fitted mask at all times while in the hospital.
Masking is strictly enforced for adults and children. If you are unable or unwilling, you will be asked to leave.
No Visitation for the following:
- No one under age 2 is permitted to visit.
- Outpatient diagnostic and screening procedures: (exceptions include dependent patients and children under 18).
- Emergency Department patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19.
- Inpatients (COVID +): One designated visitor (aged 16 or older) is allowed between 1-9:00 p.m. Brief visits of less than two hours.
- Inpatients (Non-COVID): Two visitors are allowed between 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; one visitor may stay after visiting hours end, including overnight.
- Emergency Department (Non-COVID): Two visitors are allowed.
- Critical Care inpatients (Non-COVID): Two visitors are allowed from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily. Brief visits of less than two hours.
- End of life/Hospice patients: 2-4 family members 24/7.
- Cancer Care: One visitor for outpatient oncology treatment settings and radiation therapy.
- Endoscopy: One visitor is allowed. If safe social distancing cannot be maintained, visitor may be asked to wait in vehicle.
- Surgery/Cath Lab: Two visitors are allowed in waiting room. One visitor is allowed back into Prep-op/Phase II. If safe social distancing cannot be maintained, visitor may be asked to wait in vehicle. If the patient has been assigned a room post-procedure, the visitor can wait in the patient’s assigned room if it is available. Patients under age 18 can have two parents or guardians for the entire visit or admission.
- Maternity/Labor & Delivery/Antepartum: Significant other and two visitors. Siblings 2 years of age and older may visit, all other visitors must be over 16.
- NICU: Bracelet holders, plus two designated visitors. No one under 16 may accompany mother.
- Maternity Patient with COVID: Significant other plus one designated visitor.
Visitor restrictions will continue for Baptist Health Medical Group offices and outpatient facilities.
Baptist Health Medical Group, which includes medical offices and Baptist Health Urgent Care locations, will allow one visitor per patient. Both visitors and patients are asked to wear a mask, socially distance, and expect to be evaluated for COVID-19.