Floyd Pharmacy Rotation and Activities
Refer to residency manual for additional rotation details.
- Critical Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Pharmacotherapy & Precepting
- Advanced Infectious Disease
- Ambulatory Care
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Surgical Inpatient Services
- Transitions of Care
- Other elective learning experiences may be developed based on resident interest and preceptor availability
- Administration & Operations
- Drug Information & Medication Safety
- Teaching & Learning
Orientation is the first rotation of the residency year, followed immediately by Internal Medicine. The remaining schedule will be customized based on individual resident needs and goals. Each resident will select a minimum of four elective rotations. Each resident's schedule will also include a staffing and project block approximately halfway through the residency year.
The resident is required to staff every third weekend, two holidays, and a four-hour evening shift once every third week; residents are granted an office day the Monday following their staffing weekend.
A full list of completion requirements can be found in the Residency Manual.
Additional resident opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in code and rapid response calls
- Participation in multi-disciplinary rounds
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Antimicrobial Stewardship, and other committee involvement
- Ability to customize resident experiences
- Numerous drug information and medication safety activities
- Ample precepting opportunities
- Participation in Career Development workshops
- Residency mentor program
- Resident wellness program