Baptist Health Louisville updates visitor restrictions
Guidelines are subject to change.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (March 10, 2022) – Due to the continued decrease of COVID-19 cases, Baptist Health Louisville is updating its visitor guidelines, but they are still subject to change based on patient and staff safety related to COVID-19 status.
Visitor restrictions are in place to protect the patients and staff of Baptist Health Louisville during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visitors must still wear a hospital provided mask at all times while in the hospital. Masking is strictly enforced. If you are unable or unwilling, you will be asked to leave.
Updated guidelines include the following:
No Visitation for the following:
- No one under age 12 is permitted to visit.
- Outpatient diagnostic and screening procedures: (exceptions include dependent patients and children under 18).
- Emergency Department: patients diagnosed with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19.
Limited Visitation for the following:
- Inpatients (COVID +): one designated visitor (aged 16 or older) is allowed between 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Brief visits of less than two hours.
- Inpatients (Non-COVID): Two visitors are allowed between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.; one visitor may stay after visiting hours end, including overnight.
- Emergency Department (Non-COVID): Two visitors are allowed.
- Critical Care inpatients (Non-COVID): Two visitors are allowed from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Brief visits of less than two hours.
- End of life/Hospice patients: 2-4 family members 24/7.
- Cancer Care: One visitor for outpatient oncology treatment settings and radiation therapy.
- Endoscopy: One visitor is allowed. If safe social distancing cannot be maintained, visitor may be asked to wait in vehicle.
- Surgery/Cath Lab: Two visitors are allowed in waiting room. One visitor is allowed back into Prep-op/Phase II. If safe social distancing cannot be maintained, visitor may be asked to wait in vehicle. If the patient has been assigned a room post-procedure, the visitor can wait in the patient’s assigned room if it is available.
- Patients under age 18 can have two parents or guardians for the entire visit or admission.
- Maternity/Labor & Delivery/Antepartum: Significant other and two designated visitors. No one under 16 may accompany mother.
- NICU: Bracelet holders, plus two designated visitors. No one under 16 may accompany mother.
- Maternity Patient with COVID: Significant other only.