Baptist Health suspends visitation in the Emergency Department to safeguard patients, staff
Effective today, July 30, Baptist Health is suspending visitation in the Emergency Department.
(Paducah, Ky.) July 30, 2021 -— Effective today, July 30, Baptist Health is suspending visitation in the Emergency Department. There will be limited exceptions.
For the past two weeks, Baptist Health has seen a steady increase in the number of COVID-19 patients seeking care from the Emergency Department.
“This is a difficult but necessary step to help deal with this situation,” said Baptist Health President Chris Roty. “We apologize for the inconvenience to our patients and their loved ones, but we must keep patient and staff safety our top priority. We appreciate the community’s continued understanding and cooperation.”
While the Emergency Department is not allowing visitors at this time, the hospital is allowing limited visitation for the following:
- Inpatient (for non-Intensive Care (ICU) patients): Two visitors allowed between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Intensive Care (ICU) patients: Two visitors between the hours of 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Surgery patients: One visitor may accompany the patient
- Pediatric surgery patients: Two visitors may accompany patients under 18 years of age
- End-of-life for Non-COVID/Hospice patients: Two family members 24/7
- Labor & Delivery: Two support persons may accompany the mother to L&D.
- Postpartum: Only the mother and a support person (two bracelet holders) are allowed to accompany the mother to Postpartum.
- Nursery and NICU: Mother and support person
No visitation for the following:
- Emergency Department
- No one under 16 years of age
- Outpatient diagnostic and screening procedures
- Outpatient Oncology treatment settings and Radiation Therapy
- Baptist Health Medical Group locations: Exceptions to include dependent patients and children under 18.
All visitors are required to wear a mask upon entry. A mask will be provided to visitors who arrive without one.
For the latest information on Baptist Health Paducah policies, visit BaptistHealth.com or follow Baptist Health Paducah on social media.