Diabetes Can Last a Lifetime; So Does Our Commitment to You
Diabetes is a chronic or lifelong health condition that requires a lifelong commitment to manage it. Figuring out how to do so can be a challenge. At Baptist Health, we’re here to help.
Baptist Health’s Diabetes program
When it comes to diabetes, knowledge is power. The Diabetes program at Baptist Health offers a wide range of educational services focused on you. The program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting or exceeding all national standards for diabetes education programs.
Baptist Health's diabetes education programs may be provided by a professional staff of certified diabetes educators, registered nurses, registered dietitians, pharmacists and certified personal trainers. Family members are also encouraged to participate.
- Diabetes education (private or group class options)
- Diabetes education for the three main types of diabetes: type 1, type 2, and gestational
- Diabetes diet (nutrition) education
- The Diabetes Prevention Program
- Prediabetes education classes
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome classes
- Blood glucose meter instruction
- Insulin and diabetes injectable instruction
- Insulin pump education
- Instruction for using a blood glucose meter, including equipment choices, software downloads, and results interpretation
- Continuous Blood Glucose Monitors (glucose sensor) training
Educational services at Baptist Health are designed with a single goal in mind: to show you that there is life with diabetes.