Hematology and Oncology Billing and Your Account
Billing and Your Account - CBC Group
The services you’ll receive during your visit are provided as an outpatient service of Baptist Health LaGrange. For this reason, we wanted to let you know in advance that you will receive two separate bills:
- One from Baptist Health Medical Group for the professional services provided by the physicians and nurse practitioners in a hospital outpatient department setting,
- A second bill from Baptist Health LaGrange for services provided by the hospital that resulted in a hospital facility charge.
Baptist Health Medical Group and Baptist Health LaGrange will take care of billing your insurance company for these charges, and depending on your specific plan, you may be responsible for all or a portion of the charges on each bill. It is possible that a third party may also bill for lab tests sent to a reference laboratory, or immediate (STAT) tests. We recommend patients review their insurance benefits or contact their insurance provider to determine the amount their policy will pay and any out-of-pocket expenses.
Paying Your Bill
All co-payments, deductibles, and co-insurance not covered by your health insurance will need to be paid at the time of service.
To Our Medicare Patients
We are pleased to announce our decision to become a Participating Physician in Medicare. This status will benefit you greatly:
1. If you do not have a supplemental insurance policy, you will be responsible for only 20% of our medical professional fees, chemotherapy drug cost, chemotherapy administration charges and bone marrow fees.
2. We must have your signature on file. Please be sure to ask for and complete the applicable forms, if you feel you have not done so already.
Bills from Other Agencies
Occasionally, our services require some input from outside agencies. You may receive a bill from another agency, relating to the services you receive here. Some instances may include, but are not limited to, the examples listed below:
- We outsource certain lab pathologies to laboratories with the equipment to provide information vital to decisions you and your doctors make about your condition.
- Those laboratories may bill you separately for those services.
- We perform chest x-rays and send them to the radiologists at X-Ray Associates for interpretation.
- We perform EKGs and send them to your cardiologist for review at Louisville Cardiology Group or Kentucky Heart Specialists.
If you are unsure what service to which the bill relates, call the agency that is billing. Ask that agency about the service and the bill. Thereafter, if you have unresolved questions, please call our Financial Counseling department at 502.897.1386.