5 Healthy Popsicle Recipes You Can Make At Home
Stay cool with these healthy popsicle recipes during the hot months!
Strawberry Shortcake Greek Yogurt Popsicles
From The Kitchen Paper
Makes 6 popsicles
This sweet treat packs a protein punch!
1 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp ground vanilla beans
1/3 cup strawberries, chopped
1/3 cup shortcake, crumbled
- Mix the yogurt, milk and ground vanilla beans together until completely smooth.
- Gently mix in the strawberries and shortcake. Divide among popsicle molds and place in the freezer.
- After 1 hour, insert popsicle sticks.
- Let freeze completely, 3-4 hours.
From Muy Delish
Makes 10 popsicles
The popsicle of fruit and honey!
16 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of vanilla extract
4 oz blueberries
4 oz raspberries
- Mix the Greek yogurt, honey & vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add half of the mixture to the ice pop molds. Add a few whole berries in each mold and push to the bottom of the mold with a toothpick.
- Freeze the pops for about 15 minutes, just to harden them up a bit.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the remainder of the Greek yogurt and the berries.
- Add the mix to the popsicle molds and freeze at least 3-4 hours. Enjoy!
Pineapple Blueberry Pops
From Sweet Life
Sweet and satisfying without any added sugar!
4 cups fresh pineapple
1 cup fresh blueberries, plus ½ cup
½ cup water
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp salt
- Place pineapple, 1 cup of blueberries, lime juice and salt in a blender or food processors with just a splash of the water.
- Blend until smooth and strain.
- Pour fresh juice into your popsicle mold. Add remaining blueberries and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
Frozen Fruit Pops
From Skinny Taste
All fruit, no fuss! You don’t even need a popsicle mold!
1/3 cup diced kiwi
1/3 cup diced watermelon
1/3 cup diced strawberries
1/3 cup diced pineapple
1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice or orange juice
- Combine diced fruit in a bowl and fill each 5 oz cup with fruit.
- Add 1 tbsp of juice and insert craft sticks into each cup. They easily stay in place because of all the fruit.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours until firm.
Cantaloupe and Cherry Popsicles
From Honest Cooking
1/2 ripe cantaloupe
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp honey
½ cup Greek yogurt
½ cup cherries pitted
- Remove the skin and cut the cantaloupe into cubes.
- Blend the cantaloupe, lime juice, honey and Greek yogurt until you get a creamy, mild orange purée.
- Pour the cantaloupe purée into the popsicle molds, sprinkle in a few cherries and put into the freezer.
- Once firm, insert wooden sticks. Return the molds to the freezer.
- Freeze for several hours, or overnight, until solid.