Cloud Bread Recipe
Cloud bread is a low-carb, grain-free type of bread. It began trending at the beginning of this year, popping up on Pinterest and Instagram posts. It has been tagged as one of the “top health trends” of 2016 by Pinterest. There’s no flour or yeast, yet it’s light and fluffy. To make this, it will only take four ingredients and 40 minutes of your time, making five servings at 93 calories each.
3 large eggs, separated
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sugar together in a separate bowl using a wooden spoon and then mixing with a hand-held egg beater until mixture is very smooth and has no visible cream cheese. Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites.
- Carefully scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming 5 to 6 “buns”.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cloud bread is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.