Baptist Health Richmond Wins Business of the Year
November 21, 2017
Baptist Health Richmond was awarded the Business of the Year award for 2017 by the Richmond Chamber of Commerce.Business of the Year Award
The Business of the Year Award will be presented to a business that has demonstrated upwards trends in its employment and production. Further, it has exhibited the true meaning of community spirit and cooperation and civic activities while encouraging its own personnel's involvement.
Eligibility: Any member providing sales of goods and services for profit.
1) Must be an active member of the Chamber
2) The business must be a good citizen of the community, is active in supporting charitable and civic events, and encourages its personnel to be active within the community
3) Business has exhibited a substantial history as a successful establishment
4) Business continues to provide stable opportunities for employment
5) The value of their citizenship should be relative to their resources
6) Operates as a competitive and highly ethical business
7) Business has more than 20 employees
Baptist Health Write Up
Since becoming part of the Baptist Health system in 2012, your community hospital has undergone many improvements and service expansions including the 2016 completion of a $20 million renovation. The renovation, part of a bigger initiative to improve the overall patient experience, is the most visible and exciting part of our journey to meet the healthcare needs of the community.
The growth and transformation has been an opportunity to use community input to design our spaces and expand our services to better meet the needs of patients. Through collaboration and partnership with community members and organizations such as the Patient Advisory Council, Richmond Garden Club and Richmond Area Arts Council, Baptist Health Richmond has engaged the community and continues to support through professional health education, financial donations and community involvement.
Every decision has been made based on what is best for the patients and community. Baptist Health Richmond has expanded services to include advanced heart care, oncology, behavioral health, retail pharmacy and foot and ankle surgery. In addition, Baptist Health contributes more than $400,000 in health professions education by providing clinical space to local colleges and university students, nearly $50,000 in community health improvement services and more than $20 million in total community benefit expense each year. Baptist Health is the definition of community asset.