OverviewS-ICD: Randomized Preemptive Nerve Block verses Standard of Care Study of Patient Undergoing a Subcutaneous â€“ Internal Cardiac Defibrillator
Preemptive Nerve Block prior to S-ICD insertion may lead to a reduction in pain experienced by patients during the post-operative period, resulting in a decrease in the amount of opioid pain medication required
- Patient meets current guideline-defined indication for primary prevention ICD
- Patient is able to understand the nature of the study and provide informed consent
- Patient is available for standard of care follow-up visits.
- Patient age is greater than or equal to 18 years
- Patient is enrolled in any investigational cardiac device or drug trial that might significantly affect the studied outcomes
- Patient life expectancy is less than 1 year
- Patient reports pregnancy at the time of consent
- Patient is under the age of 18.
- Patient is taking any opioid derivatives.