Baptist Health Urgent Care clinics offer the flu vaccine, which helps protect you and your loved ones from the threat of influenza viruses. Caused by influenza types A and B, the flu is highly contagious and affects the respiratory system of the body, specifically the nose, throat, and lungs. With flu season beginning in October and peaking December through February, it is best to take steps to protect your health early.
Why Get the Flu Shot at Baptist Health
- No co-pay – most patients don’t have to pay a co-pay when receiving the flu shot
- No cost to you – flu shots are covered under most insurance plans
- Check-in online – let us know you're on your way to save even more time
- Walk-in clinics – come in when it’s most convenient for you
- Outstanding patient care
How to Prevent the Flu
In addition to getting the flu vaccine every year, you can help prevent getting the flu by:
- Regularly washing your hands or using hand sanitizer
- Avoid contact with others who are sick
- Sanitize communal surfaces
- Stay home if you aren't feeling well
- Cover your nose or mouth when sneezing or coughing
MyChart, a free patient portal within Baptist Health's new award-winning electronic health record system, combines your Baptist Health medical records into one location.