Vascular Profile Testing
Vascular profile testing uses ultrasound and Doppler to check for signs of stroke, aortic aneurysm and leg pain.
You may need this test if you:
- Are older than 60.
- Have a family history of vascular disease, aortic aneurysm or stroke.
- Smoke or have a history of smoking.
- Have high blood pressure, heart disease, hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol or diabetes.
- Are older than 50 and have two or more of these risk factors.
Non-invasive vascular profile testing is available at:
- Baptist Health Imaging: 12010 Shelbyville Road, Middletown; 502.238.2828
What You Need to Know
- Vascular profile testing involves no discomfort.
- Stroke screening examines your carotid artery (neck) with Doppler and ultrasound.
- Aortic aneurysm examines your abdominal aorta with ultrasound.
- Leg screening examines your legs with Doppler.
- Testing is performed by a certified vascular technologist in an accredited non-invasive vascular laboratory.
- Results are reviewed by experienced vascular physicians.
- We can send results to your physician.
- Screenings are not covered by Medicare or insurance. Call us for cost information.
For information and to schedule, call Baptist Health Imaging at 502.238.2828